The CAN Health Network is looking for Canadian innovators who are committed to working with our Edges to introduce new solutions into the health care system.
By responding to a Call for Innovation, Canadian companies have an opportunity to help our Edges solve their most pressing challenges, while testing and refining their product or solution in a real life, supportive setting.
How the Call for Innovation Works
- CAN Health Network posts details of a market-ready challenge our Edge is looking to solve and prepared to purchase.
- Canadian companies who believe their product or solution addresses the needs of the challenge can apply via our website.
- We evaluate the submissions based on pre-determined set-criteria and invite the top contenders to present their solution to the Edge.
- The Edge, with the support of a team of experts including the CAN Health Network, selects the company they believe best fits their needs.
- The final company is paired with the Edge to work on a commercialization project which could run from three months to a year. During that time the company receives access to Edge staff, data, clinicians and other resources such as business intelligence and development. The commercialization project aims to support companies with product-market fit, commercialization and readiness to scale.
Upon completion of the project, should the Edge be ready to move into the procurement or purchasing phase, there is an, open and transparent procurement process. The company is able to leverage the insights gained over the duration of the commercialization project and compete to scale their solution across Canada. Ultimately, CAN Health Network Edges then have the ability to purchase a proven solution, tested by a trusted partner in the Network, while the company may benefit from shorter sales cycles as the procurement process is streamlined across the Network.
For more information on CAN Health Network model visit About Us.
To respond to a CAN Health Network Call for Innovation, Canadian companies with a viable solution to a challenge listed below must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a for profit business.
- Incorporated in Canada. Incorporation can take place either federally or provincially.
- Headquartered in Canada and/or is majority owned by Canadians.
- Have already obtained all necessary regulatory approvals for commercial use of their solution, if applicable.
Open Calls for Innovation